Signs of a Failing Water Heater in Your House

Serving Vancouver WA – Camas WA – Battle Ground WA

Signs of Failing Home Water Heater at Clark County Plumbing & Drain serving Vancouver WA and Camas WA
There are several ways to know your home’s water heater is about to fail. Impending failure of a water heater in your house will often be indicated by visual clues, as well as pressure and quality issues. If you have any signs of a failing water heater in your house, apartment, or trailer, then you you’ll need to contact a licensed plumbing service right away to avoid loss of hot water and progressive, damage-causing leaks.

Signs of a Failing Water Heater

Quality issues such as rusty water and lack of heat in your hot water are often the first signs homeowners notice when their water heater begins to fail. Corrosion inside the heater or tank, or on the heating elements and fittings of your home’s water heater can lead to contaminated, rusty water in your sink and shower.

Water that smells or tastes bad may also be the product of a failing water heater; this is especially likely if the cold water in your home is not affected. Low pressure can even indicate water heater issues, as can unusual or loud noises coming from the heater or tank itself.

Leaking Water Heater Issues

Leaks in your water heater tank or plumbing may be readily apparent, or subtle and hard to detect. Larger leaks cause puddles around the heater, while subtle leaks may only result in dripping that evaporates before pooling, or condensation around the tank.

Leaks can originate from holes in corroding tanks, failing fittings and plumbing coming to or from your heater, or even from failing vents or seals in the tank’s body. Depending on the leak’s location and severity you may need a repair or complete replacement of your home’s water heater.

Corrosion, rust and other signs of a failing water heater may be detectable around the base of your water heater’s tank. They can also be spotted around the fittings and vents in aged residential water heaters.

If you suspect your water heater is failing you will need to contact a licensed plumber for repair or replacement. If you are in the Vancouver, Battle Ground or Camas regions of Washington then you should contact Clark County Plumbing & Drain for an inspection of your water heater system.

<<Back To Residential Water Heater Services

Start typing and press Enter to search