No Hot Water?
Running out of Hot water is never a good thing, and it seems it never happens at a convenient time.
Has this ever happened to you?
Running late for work and you hop in the shower just to be greeted with ICE cold water.
Could this have been prevented? Although preventative maintenance will not make your water heater last forever it will extend the life of your most used but least appreciated appliance in your home.
Some helpful maintenance tips to extend the life of your water heater.
- Replace the Anode Rod: The anode rod is a sacrificial rod made of magnesium or aluminum that undergoes corrosion over time; sacrificing itself and preventing corrosion of the tank.
- Install an Expansion Tank: When water is heated from 50º to 120º, it expands by approximately 2% (a 50 gallon tank will produce 1 gallon of additional volume). If your system is closed (a valve which prevents your water from back flowing into the water main), this water has nowhere to go. Because water is not a particularly compressible material, it will cause rapid increases and decreases in water pressure. This expanding and contracting causes stress on both your water heater and your plumbing system which can cause damage and premature failure. Installing an expansion tank can potentially double the life of your water heater
- Clean or flush out the tank: For older tanks, flushing out the tank annually can help prevent sediment buildup and helps maintain an efficient tank for longer.
- Install a Pressure Regulating Valve (PRV): High water pressure (above 80 PSI) can damage your appliance and can also cause your water heater to prematurely fail. The PRV will reduce the system pressure.
- Install a water softener: Water with high concentrations of minerals (commonly known as “hard water”) causes scaling – a precipitation of minerals deposited onto surfaces of an appliance. Scaling reduces the efficiency of the appliance and can increase the use of electricity.
Convenience and reliability
Getting on an annual water heater service allows our technicians to diagnose and repair your hot water issues on your schedule. Which eliminates emergencies and having to take time off of work.
Clark County Plumbing & Drain LLC offers all of these services as well as new installation of electric, natural gas, propane, and tankless water heaters. Our highly trained certified technicians are ready to get you back in hot water. Please let us know how we can help
No Hot Water? IN VANCOUVER WA AND CAMAS WA
Serving Clients in the Greater Vancouver WA Area: